Sunday 28 June 2009




A phone call from Sandy on Friday morning (Sorry for late posting, Scottish schools are now on holiday! Its been celebrations for the end of primary school, picnics and parties!).....

Sandy sounding very relaxed and wanting news of the world. ..though they had already heard about MJ!! Confirmed that they had reached Camp 2 and now having a rest at BC. Predicted storm had not as yet appeared though there was concern about very strong winds at higher altitudes.
The first photo shows life at Camp 1 while the second is of Rick Allen on the Kinshofer wall. A Google search reveals that its a particularly nasty obstacle (my words, obviously I am not a climber!) between Camp 1 and 2.
My daughters class sang The Climb at their school leaving ceremony on Friday..... some appropriate words..
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes may knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on
Slight concern that there was no news of Mr Stoats man....but as Sandy says, "no news is good news..eh!!"
PS Sorry about the lack of line spacing, blog just won't put them in, there are some things in life not worth fretting about!!!







No comments: