Saturday 8 September 2007

Happy birthday my twin!




Woke up this morning feeling fine! Outside my window mist filled the valley and obscured the mountains,which was of course indications of a temperature inversion. During my first breakfast coffee my concerned cleints phoned to ask what was happening to the weather, but of course it's all burnt away and it's now a brillaint day here in the French Alps. This afternoon Bernard and I go up to the Cosmiques hut and tomorrow we have a one o'clock in the morning wake up call to try and traverse Mont Blanc. Jim has to saty behind as even with the most brillaint and attentive heel bandaging and blister care his rented boots have caused havoc to his feet. Do remember to take well fitting and worn in boots with you for a Sandy Allan Mountain Adventure Holiday please!!
The winds are up at 40 Km/hr today and are due to decrease a little bit tomorrow, I hope they do!The wind is from the north, however it's a bright and clear day and while no doubt it will be a bit chilly at 4000 meters, we should have a fantastic time!
Happy Birthday to my twin brother by the way!

No comments: